If you have a problem with your Horizon Hobby product be assured that the model shops and our service department are here to help you. Within this section we will explain the service procedure and cover all of those common questions you may have with our FAQ section. We cover service problems and warranty for items purchased from authorised Horizon stockists in the UK only.
I have a problem with a product, what should I do?
First check the manual as it may contain a trouble shooting guide that may have a solution to your problem.
Contact your point of purchase. They may be able to assist you and resolve the problem.
If you are unable to resolve the problem through the manual or model shop then contact our service department. This can be done either by email or phone and you can discuss the best course of action with them.
Phone: 01279 641097
Speak with one of our service technicians for help and advice with your Horizon Hobby product
In the instance that a service technician instructs you to return the item please ensure that 1. the product is well packaged (as we cannot account for damage sustained in transport) 2. provide a cover note containing your name, address, other contact details, a full description of what the problem is 3. a copy of your proof of purchase. Finally ensure it is marked for the attention of service department.
Our Return Address:
Horizon Hobby UK Ltd
Units 1 to 4 Ployters Rd
Upon receiving your item we will assess the issue and contact you to discuss moving forward to resolve the problem and get you back to your hobby as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a service centre in the UK?
- What if I need a repair rather then have a faulty/warranty product?
- Talk to your model shop as all parts for your model should be available to purchase through them. For transmitter repairs please send the set into us with a covering letter explaining the problem and giving your name and address as well as any other contact details.
- What products will you service?
- We service any Horizon Hobby product including: Losi, ECX, Vaterra, Hangar 9, E-Flite, Parkzone, Hobbyzone, Blade and Dynamite. We do not service Yuneec products at Horizon UK, as we forward these onto Yuneec for assessment.
- What address do I send it back to?
- FAO: Service Department
Horizon Hobby UK Ltd
Units 1 to 4 Ployters Rd
- I've gone to the post office with my item and used the post code CM18 7NS but they say they cannot post it cause it doesn't exist. is CM18 7NS the correct post code?
- It is the correct post code but sometimes it isn't recognised, your best bet is to use CM18 7PS instead.
- I purchased my item from outside of the UK, who do I send it to?
- If the item was purchased outside the UK, but from an EU country you will need to contact Horizon Hobby DE, or France if purchased in France. If purchased from the US you will need to contact Horizon US.
- What do I need to return?
- You need to return the faulty product along with a cover note explaining the problem and contact details including an address and phone number should we need to get in touch with you. If it is a warranty claim we will also need a copy of proof of purchase.
- How can I track progress for the item I returned to you?
- You can use your tracking information to check with your courier to ensure the item has been delivered to us. Please allow 7 days from the delivery date before contacting us to check the status of your return as it is possible the item is already on its way back to you.
- Do I need to book-in my product before sending it to you?
- You do not need to book-in your product, just send everything back and we’ll take a look at it ASAP.
- Can I bring it to you myself rather then using a mailing service?
- No, we are not open to the public. You will need to send any faulty item to us.
- I’ve tried to repair my model myself and it seems to not have worked, can I still send it into you?
- Please contact your model shop first for further assistance as they may be able to help or contact us before sending the item in.
- I know a certain part of the model is faulty, should I send that part back or should I still send the whole thing?
- You can just return the faulty part rather than the whole model. For transmitters we would need the whole set.
- Do I have to pay for postage costs?
- Your first port of call for any warranty claim is your model shop. We welcome you to return faulty items directly to us to save time, however we do not refund postage.
- What do I do if I cannot get through to someone on the phone?
- Unfortunately at times we are not able pick up the phones, in which case your best option is to either leave a message on the answer machine or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you as soon as we are able to.
- I’m looking to buy a model and am looking for advice, where should I go?
- If you’ve gone through our website and haven’t found an answer to a question about the model please get in contact with us at email@example.com and we’ll get in touch.
- I flew/drove/sailed my model and crashed it, will you still service my model?
- All parts should be available to purchase/order through your model shop so you can repair the item yourself or with the help of your model shop. If you are having difficulties you can contact us for advice.
- Is there anything I shouldn’t send through the post?
- Batteries should not be sent with Royal Mail. If you have an issue with a LiPo battery please contact us first, ideally by email and include pictures of the battery and a copy of proof of purchase.
- I’ve broken a part on my transmitter can I get a replacement part from you?
- If you contact us we can advise if the part you need is available to order through your model shop or whether we can send you the part you need for a small fee.
- How long should I leave it before ringing up to find out what’s going on with my service item?
- Please allow 7 days from when your item is delivered to us before contacting us to check on the status, it may be your item is already on its way back to you.
- I cannot see my question on this list, what should I do?
- If you have a specific service question and isn’t on the list please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.