hope is that the FT Sportster will be fun for both the beginner looking
to get into four channel flight, and also the advanced looking to
reenact all the classic barnstormer maneuvers from the past. This plane
does not like to fly alone. Our hope is that this will be a design that
friends build and fly together.
The FT Sportster is designed to fly off a 425 size motor. Our C motor
coupled with a 2200 3 cell battery gives great performance and a nice
flight time. The outer wing tips of the FT sportster are under campared
so slow speed and stability are not compromised. This plane is able to
turn on a dime and can handle many classic and advanced maneuvers.
Remove the landing gear for an easy hand launch or find some smooth
grass and do lazy touch and goes.
NOTE: POSTER BOARD IS NOT WATER-RESISTANT
- WEIGHT WITHOUT BATTERY: .95 lbs (430 g)
- CENTER OF GRAVITY: 2.5” (63 mm) from leading edge
- CONTROL SURFACE THROWS: 12° – 16° deflection
– Expo 30%
- WINGSPAN: 39 inches (990 mm)
- RECOMMENDED MOTOR: Park 425, 1000 kv minimum
- RECOMMENDED PROP: 10 x 4.7 slow fly
- RECOMMENDED ESC: 30 amp minimum
- RECOMMENDED BATTERY: 2200 mAH 3s minimum
- RECOMMENDED SERVOS: (4) 9 gram servos