The Staufenbiel Mantis is a high performance glider with V-tail, flaps
and an HQ-airfoil.
When developing the Mantis our main goal was to make it a perfect
glider mainly for thermal flights. The very stiff double V-shaped wing
gives the Mantis best circling flight performance. Light aerobatics are
no problem also due to the stiff abachi sheeted wings.
The Mantis comes with a quality fuselage which is painted in the mold.
It is reinforced with carbon fiber reinforcement on high stressed parts
like the canopy frame. The cooling in- and outtakes are ensuring that
the electronics don’t get too hot.
The wings are styro/abachi construction covered with genuine ORACOVER.
The design of the covering is chosen to give best visibility in the sky.
The combination of the airfoil, the V-Tail and the flaps make the
MANTIS a perfect thermal glider.
You can get the MANTIS as ARF version as well as a PNP version. Both
versions have a high degree of prefabrication and are quickly built due
to the detailed manual. The PNP version comes with an already built-in
DYMOND GTX-3546/910 kV motor as well as six built-in and wired DYMOND D
260 metal geared Servos, ready installed cable beams with
MPX-connectors. Also included in the PNP
version is a Reisenauer spinner and an Aeronaut 13x6,5 folding prop.
- High performance thermal glider with V-Tail and flaps
- Very stiff foam core / abachi sheeted wing with airfoil HQ
2,5 / 9
- In mold painted fuselage with carbon fiber reinforcements
- Wide fuselage with cooling in- and outtakes
- Wings sheeted with genuine ORACOVER
- Built in DYMOND GTX-3546/910 kV motor (only PNP version)
- 6 DYMOND D-260 MG servos built in in servo frames
and connected to the cable beam (only PNP version)
- MPX connectors built in in fuselage and wing to ensure a
very easy connection of the wing servos (only PNP version)
- Included folding propeller, middlepart and spinner (only
- Detailed manual in German, English and French